From Syslinux Wiki
Revision as of 08:17, 19 November 2016 by Ady (Add patch for "red zone" flag for EFI.)
- NASM 2.11.06 has a bug which prevents Syslinux from building correctly. Use other version of NASM (e.g. 2.11.05, 2.11.08, among others).
- binutils 2.26, as originally released upstream, has a bug preventing Syslinux from building correctly. The bug in bintuils 2.26 was resolved in a later commit.
- When building with glibc 2.23+, the "major", "minor" and "makedev" functions are defined in "sys/sysmacros.h". The patch "extlinux: pull in sys/sysmacros.h for major/minor/makedev", applied to Syslinux during 2016Apr, should help. Please note that not only Syslinux is affected by this change in glibc.
- Building Syslinux 6.03 with gcc5+:
These patches related to gcc5+ are included in Syslinux 6.04-pre1 (released 2016Mar).
- Use -mno-red-zone for EFI
The patch related to the so-called "red zone" is included in Syslinux 6.04-pre1 (released 2016Mar).
- "error: impossible constraint in asm". When gcc5+ is configured with --enable-default-pie, in some cases there might be a need to use custom flags in some makefile(s), similar to either "
CFLAGS += -fno-pie" or "
CFLAGS := -fno-pie". Examples: