From Syslinux Wiki
Revision as of 13:41, 15 August 2017 by Ady (Re-order (sort). Wiki formatting.)
- If getting "Not enough room for program headers", try adding '--no-dynamic-linker' to the linker command line(s). Seen with binutils 2.27+. There might be other / better solutions / work-around methods. Feedback is appreciated.
- When building with glibc 2.23+, the "major", "minor" and "makedev" functions are defined in "sys/sysmacros.h". The patch "extlinux: pull in sys/sysmacros.h for major/minor/makedev", applied to Syslinux during 2016Apr, should help. Please note that not only Syslinux is affected by this change in glibc.
Patches already included in Syslinux 6.04-pre1 (released 2016Mar):
- Building Syslinux 6.03 with gcc5+:
- Use -mno-red-zone for EFI
- Syslinux 6.03 might fail to boot in some hardware (e.g. some Chromebooks). The patch "relocate protected-mode code as intended", applied to Syslinux during 2015Apr, might help.
Testing Syslinux 6.04-pre1 (or later) is recommended.
- NASM 2.11.06 has a bug which prevents Syslinux from building correctly. Use other version of NASM (e.g. 2.11.05, 2.11.08+, among others).
- binutils 2.26, as originally released upstream, has a bug preventing Syslinux from building correctly. The bug in bintuils 2.26 was resolved in a later commit.
- "error: impossible constraint in asm". When gcc5+ is configured with --enable-default-pie, in some cases there might be a need to use custom flags in some makefile(s), similar to either "
CFLAGS += -fno-pie" or "
CFLAGS := -fno-pie". Examples: