Syslinux 6 Changelog
From Syslinux Wiki
Revision as of 19:45, 13 October 2013 by Mfleming (Add syslinux 6.02 entries)
Changes in 6.02
- efi64: Add support for booting 32-bit kernels.
- efi: Use the EFI handover protocol when booting kernels if available.
- Fix various make targets that became broken when switching to per-firmware object directories, including 'make install' and 'make netinstall'.
- efi: Improve handling of packet loss in UDP stack.
- tests: Introduce a new regression test framework designed to ensure bugs are not reintroduced once fixed.
- efi: Implement localboot support.
Changes in 6.01
- efi: Mark some symbols as __export otherwise libcom32.c32 and vesamenu.c32 will refuse to load.
- bios: Wire up the bios kernel loader. It was impossible to load a kernel from bios in 6.00.
- efi: Fix 'make installer'. There are no EFI installers so don't try and build them as we run into build errors.
- efi: Reuse the initial TFTP client port in subsequent transfers otherwise the server will send an error packet.
- efi: Some firmware will not set a default TTL value in IP packets - we must explicitly set it ourselves otherwise a value of zero may be used.
- bios, font: Fix a font regression affecting some VirtualBox users.
Changes in 6.00
- Add support for booting from EFI.
- EFI TCP/IP support. This allows the EFI backend to hook into the generic TFTP, HTTP and FTP functionality.