On this page use cases of products of the syslinux family. It is mostly a collection of links. (Please add more)
- pxe-on-a-disk universal network boot floppy
- pxe-on-a-disk the universal network boot CDROM
- The Debian installer supports netbooting. At a Debian archive you find a tarball that contains a working example.
- Unattended, A Windows deployment system.
- MosNis - the Multioperatingsystem Networkinstallationserver, a project usefull for Systembuilders who install different Operatingsystem from Network (a Project in german language, actually under development, also available at Linux-Club.de a well known german Linux-Supportportal)
The syslinux family has also "COM 32"
mboot.c32 and XEN
Booting XEN is possible with the help of mboot.c32
DEFAULT xen LABEL xen KERNEL mboot.c32 APPEND xen-3.0.2-1-i386.gz dom0_mem=262144 --- vmlinuz-2.6.16-2-xen-686 console=tty0 root=/dev/hda1 ro --- initrd.img-2.6.16-2-xen-686 PROMPT 1 TIMEOUT 0
Debian users should notice http://bugs.debian.org/391152 which says that mboot.c32 is missing in the package.